Monday, May 19, 2008

Read Me Once, Shame on Me; Read Me Twice, Shame on this Lame Blog Title

I love the color blue, and my attire today definitely confirms this--from my polo to my pants to my socks.
The shirt, from my eyes: If the light blue shirt, with the darker stripes running through it like the lines on college-rule paper, that I am wearing today could speak, it would say, "Thank you Ruben, for finally taking me out of the confines of your dark, much too stuffy closet, and allowing me to breathe the fresh spring air." Indeed, today is a celebration as it is the first time I have donned my "clima-cool" Adidas polo. In response to what my shirt might tell me, I would say, "Well, my dear polo made of funny synthetic fibers that keep me unusually cool, you should know that I have been waiting for just the right day to take you out of your nest because I only wear you when the cold and damp Seattle weather finally, and always suddenly, surrenders to the sun and heat." My polo would then be very happy that it serves as a synecdoche for spring rejuvenation.
The shirt, from someone else's eyes...Wow, I am feeling a bit of an out of body experience here...
What a beautiful shirt that wonderful chap is donning. It's relaxed, yet professional. It's mature, yet fresh. Its color resembles delicate spring clouds, and it flows just as freely as those clouds. And look at the ingenious material at the underarm; my skin is breathing better and I feel a cool breeze just by looking at it.

No comments: